The peloton screen won’t turn on, and how to fix it? It is the most common problem people face, and it must be fixed. Peloton shows your performance chart on the screen.
Here I have discussed all methods of troubleshooting the peloton’s screen and tips to protect it from damage.
Let us start!
How to Troubleshoot the Peloton Screen?
Are you also worried that the peloton screen won’t turn on and how to fix it? Following are a few methods that work for 90% of people.
Restart the Peloton Bike
Sometimes, the bike stops working for many reasons, and its screen does not turn on. There is no technical fault in the bike, and it just needs a restart.
Follow these steps to restart your bike.
- Press the power button for 2-3 seconds, and the bike will turn off.
- Now, wait for almost 23- 40 seconds.
- Please turn on the peloton again and connect it with the power supply.
- The bike will start functioning normally.
And if you want to try a new screen, try here
Check the Connection
The bike’s screen does not appear, and it is not due to any technical fault. There can be an error in the power connection. Here is the step-by-step guideline to troubleshoot the power supply connection.
- Check the power supply cord.
- If it is not plugged in, or lost, press it and turn on the screen now.
- If still, it is not working, clean the jack.
- Take a brush and gently rub it on the jack.
- Now plug it into the power supply source and see if it is working.
A peloton is an android machine that can be damaged by an electric surge like other android devices, so please do not connect it directly to the power supply.
So check the fuse and if it is blown, replace it with the new one. Moreover, always connect the peloton with the power supply by using power strips. These are life-saving devices and are available at an affordable price.
Check Knobs and Center Buttons
Sometimes peloton bike does not work due to the connection breakage between the power supply and knobs. So check it before seeking any expert help.
Follow these steps to check their work.
- Press the power button, which is present at the back of the screen for 5 seconds.
- If the logo of the peloton appears, it means that there is no issue with the power supply.
- However, if no logo appears and the screen remains off, click on the stop button.
- Now check the working of knobs and center buttons.
If the screen is still not working, the last option is factory reset it. It will permanently remove all saved data from the peloton, and you will have to set it again.
After factory reset, the peloton will be in its original setting as if you have bought it now.
Here is a step-by-step guideline on how to factory reset the peloton.
- First of all, power off the peloton by choosing to shut down.
- However, if the screen is not working and remove all plugs and stop the power supply.
- Now again, connect the bike with the power supply.
- Turn on the screen in boot mode by pressing the volume up buttons and power button until the screen starts.
- Now use the volume button for choosing the option of ‘recovery’ from a list of options.
- The screen will dim, and the machine logo will appear for a while.
- Now again, press the volume and power buttons for almost 30 hours.
- A list of options will appear. However, if there is nothing on the peloton touch screen, try again.
- Use the volume up button and choose the option of factory reset.
- Now click on the power button for further processing.
- Now a confirmation pop-up will appear on the screen. Choose the option of yes by using the volume up button.
- Then process ahead by the power button.
- Now within a few seconds, your peloton bike will be reset.
- Click on the option of rebooting the system.
- Make your new account and sign up.
- Moreover, make further changes.
Now you must not be curious about peloton screen won’t work and how to fix it.
Peloton Customer Support
However, even after the reset bike is not working, a technical fault must be subject to as soon as possible. So please do not try anything without proper consultation.
Because you can harm the peloton, contact customer support, discuss all your problems with them, and act upon their suggestions, and the bike screen will start working.
All these methods must be helpful in understanding peloton screen won’t turn on and how to fix it.
Visit Nearby Store
If the bike is still not working, do not try anything at home in which you are not proficient. Visit nearby peloton experts and ask them to check your bike.
If you open any part, it won’t be easy to re-assemble it, so please never do it yourself. Similarly, make sure that the mechanic is an expert and knows all ins and outs of the peloton.
Sometimes its inner parts get damaged and stop working if the mechanic asks you to change its spare part or screen; look for its warranty card.
As peloton gives12 a months warranty on all parts, if you have a warranty period available, they will replace the expired part with a new one without asking for money.
Tips to Protect the Peloton Screen
- Always clean the peloton screen with a soft cloth and never rub it forcefully. Similarly, use a detergent that does not contain hazardous chemicals.
- Must clean the slot of the peloton with a brush and always rub the rush gently. Moreover, you can use alcohol for cleaning. Although detergents are available in the market, they contain dangerous chemicals.
- Thirdly, always keep it in a safe place and out of reach for children as children during playing hit it, and sometimes the damage is so extensive that the bike stops working and has no alternative except to buy a new one.
- Peloton is on the verge of damage if we do not connect it with a stable power supply. Use power strips to connect it with the power supply to protect it from the electric surge.
- Press the power button of the peloton screen gently as it will stop working if pressed with too much force.
To Sum up
First of all, check whether all connections are stable or not. If everything is ok, still the screen is not working, restart the peloton. Furthermore, the peloton screen often starts working by factory reset.
None of the methods is working; you need to seek expert help. Always keep the screen with care and away from the reach of children,
if you have any queries feel free to ask us in the below comment sections.