There are many ways to connect your peloton rides to the Garmin. Peloton bikes usually do not transmit any signal that you can receive by Garmin watch. You can send HR (heart rate) from the Garmin watch.
If you use your phone/ Apple TV/ Mac/ Tablet, this process will be great to handle with Bluetooth Smart. And if you are using a PC, it will be an excellent handling process to do via ANT+. ANT+ USB adapter works natively with the Peloton bikes as they support ANT+ heart rate connections.
This procedure also works on other exercise gear, like the Peloton bike. This article contains information related to the Peloton app, like connecting Garmin to the Peloton app and many more. If you are interested in grabbing more details, then keep reading!
Do Garmin Watches Work with Peloton Bikes?
As mentioned earlier, Peloton bikes usually do not transmit a signal that any Garmin watch can receive. In addition, the files generated by the Peloton cannot be uploaded to Garmin connect. You can also send heart rate from a Garmin watch capable of broadcasting HR t the Peloton Bluetooth/ ANT + compatible bikes.
To share the HR data with the peloton, you have enabled broadcast during the activity on watch. You must set up the peloton to receive heart rate HR from Bluetooth or ANT + capable sensor or watch; refer to the peloton.
How to Connect Garmin to Peloton?
There are some rounds about the ways to get your peloton rides into the Garmin. But none of them are mostly automated. Here none of them can preserve your workouts’ interval structures. And here, none of them has the power to generate Garmin’s suite of cycling metrics.
This can change with the launch of SyncMyWorkout, which automatically uploads the peloton rides to the Garmin Connect. In addition, if you take the power zone of classes, you will be able to compare the output against the workout targets.
And for the non-power zone rides, you can inspect individual laps for the granular workout breakdowns. You will also access the power curve “tie in zones” graphs here. And the additional views within Garmin connect mobile app.
And if you want uploads immediately, you have to link your Starve account and make sure that you have configured out the Peloton to auto-post your workout to the Starve. Here, Starva is unnecessary, but it connected your upload, which can be triggered right away because it will notify the SyncMyWorkout as soon as you complete your ride.
How to Connect Other Bluetooth Headphones with Peloton?
You can also concert your workout data from Peloton into a format that can easily be uploaded to Garmin. You have to follow the instructions that we have mentioned below here.
- First, you have to fetch the latest workouts from the peloton.
- Convert the peloton workouts to a lot of formats
- You can upload the TCX or FIT exercise to Garmin.
- Avoid the other duplication in Garmin.
- Back up the downloaded data and convert files.
- Earn the badges and then credit for the Garmin challenges.
- The supported platforms are Windows, Macs, Linux, and Docker for all these procedures.
How to Garmin Wearable Heart Rate Broadcasting to Apps?
If you are spending most of the time indoors by using fitness apps to maintain sanity, you might not realize that you can broadcast your heart rate from the Garmin watch straight to your nay favorite app.
Garmin is one of the few device makers that allow this, but if you have a COROS watch or the New Timex R300, you can also do the same. Moreover, Garmin offers you two significant modes for broadcasting heart rates.
• Over ANT + (virtually for every wearable ever for them)
• Over Bluetooth Smart (for most newer like 2019/ 2020 wearables)
These modes vary a little bit, so we quickly discuss how to do it in both ways here. If you are using a phone/ Apple TV/ Mac/ Tablet, then it will be the easiest to do with Bluetooth Smart.
And if you are sure using a PC, it will be the most straightforward process to do via ANT +. This procedure also works on most exercise gear, like the Peloton bike (it accepts both Bluetooth Smart HR connections and ANT+). So, the point of the series is quick tips, not DCR-length tips.
If you have a new Garmin watch, then you are pretty lucky. These support Bluetooth smart transmission use a new “Virtual Run” profile. These are designed for running on a treadmill as it contains the running pace and cadence.
It works fine for any activity you want, including cycling on Zwift. You will find this feature on new Garmin wearables. In addition, if you do not have these watches, you will need to use the ANT+ broadcasting method.
- To enable it on your watch, you must press the upper right button.
- Scroll down until you find the “virtual Run” (you have to add it by first pressing the “+” tab located on the bottom of the list.
- Once you get your “virtual Run” button, press the arrow below the informational message to select OK.
- Now, open your app of choice like Peloton and see the Garmin watchlisted.
If you have a PC or Mac, you will surely need of ANT+ USB adapter. It works natively with the Peloton bikes to support ANT+ heart rate connections. These are two ways to do this with ANT+.
- Ad-hoc broadcasting only when you want it.
- Turn on broadcasting every time you start a workout.
Here, we will discuss the steps for the Ad-hoc method.
- Hold down the middle button of setting > Sensors & Accessories > Wrist Heart rate > Broadcast Heat rate.
- This will be broadcast over ANT+, and you can easily see this on any app.
- When you are done, you have to press the escape button.
- When you are going to a workout, you will definitely notice the HR icon, which has a little transmission signal.
You have the option to merge any watch recordings with the Peloton ride data. And point to be noted is that you can get the one activity that connects the Training effect. In addition, to set other things up, you can also create a SyncMyWorkout account and link Peloton and Garmin accounts.
If you are interested in connecting with your workouts to the other services like Wahoo, Sunnto, and Coros or to the other platforms to be a source of exercise, you have to follow the same things just like a peloton.
Your last week of rides will also start syncing over to the Garmin for free as you do this. We have discussed each and everything; I hope you like this. If you have any questions like connecting Garmin to the peloton app, you may ask!
Thank you for your visit!