Indeed is a beautiful website to find a job for you. However, if you do not have work out or have signed up for a job, it might be impossible to keep your profile anymore. There may be many reasons why you want to delete your indeed account. We have discussed all steps here to know how to delete this account.
To delete an account, you must require an email and password if you are logged into but using Facebook. You can also disconnect or remove the account from Facebook by simply clicking on the settings on your Facebook profile.
Here press the apps on the left side of your screen and press x next to the service. This article is all about how do I delete my indeed account. So, keep reading this article as we will take you step by step through how to delete an indeed account.
What Happens While Deleting Indeed Account?
You can permanently delete your indeed account, but you have to make sure what you want to do. This is because deleting an account certainly is permanent. Here, we have discussed what exactly happens when you delete your indeed account. So, let us discuss them one by one.
- First, you will stop receiving emails from indeed.
- Indeed will also send you no more SMS to your linked phone number.
- All previously linked employers will be able to contact you.
- If you have signed up for the new account, your email preferences will be reset.
How Do I Delete My Indeed Account?
If you have found a new job at indeed but no longer need the indeed account. If you want to delete, here is how to delete your indeed account.
Step 1: Sign In
The first step is to delete your indeed account is to log in to the account from your indeed home page. From here, you can click on the person icon located in the upper right corner for a drop-down menu of choices.
Step 2: Click on the Settings
When you have clicked on the settings tab with a gear icon. The gear icon on the next page that loads will give you many options to manage the account settings, privacy settings, and device management.
Step 3: Click on the Privacy Settings
Once you click on the privacy settings option with the padlock icon, scroll down on the right. Then, scroll down further until you find a section entitled accessing and deleting “my data.”
The next page is titled with the personal data request. Here are some things that you have to do.
- First, select or check the box for “the deletion of personal data.”
- Next, enter the email associated with the indeed account.
- Finally, select or check the appropriate box to know who is making a request.
Step 5: Read Information in the Pop-up Window
Now you have to send a request to delete your indeed account. Indeed administrators will send you an email to verify the request you had made or earned on your behalf. This request will take some time, as a few minutes.
You make sure that you have checked your email for verification from indeed. To get help from the help desk, if you have any issues, then contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 6: Check Your Email
After receiving an email from indeed, they will ask you t verify whether you are the originator of the request to cancel the indeed account or not. If this process works well, you have to click on the prompt and finish deleting an account.
How to Delete an Employer Indeed Account?
Your first step is to delete your indeed account so that you stop incurring the charges to your account. But as an employer, it gives you three options to remove your job budget, pause/ close a sponsored job, and cancel your resume subscription.
So, let us start reading these processes one by one.
· Remove Your Job Budget
To remove the job budget, you must follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, sign in to your account at employers.indeed.com.
- Then locate and click on the dashboard> jobs in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Identify the job that you have posted.
- Select the management budget.
- Next, remove the budget at the bottom of the page and save and continue the process.
- Otherwise, click on the remote plan if you choose a cost-per-application plan.
· Pause/ Close a Sponsored Job
To Pause or close a Sponsored job, read the steps discussed here.
- Like removing of job budget process, you first sign into the account at employers.indeed.com.
- Locate the job tab.
- Identify the job that you have posted.
- Select the open located on the upper right hand of your screen.
- Now, select pause or close at the drop-down menu.
Note: the sponsored job with outstanding balances will process on the first day of the following month. In addition, no additional charges will accrue when you have paused or closed the job.
· Cancel Your Resume Subscription
To delete an employer indeed account, you must cancel the resume subscriptions.
- First, sign into the account @ resumes.indeed.com.
- Locate and then click on the subscription management at the upper right side of your screen.
- Next, select and then locate the 3 dots.
- From the drop-down, you must select the cancel subscription.
- In the last step, confirm by selecting no thanks and continue the process of canceling.
Note: you can cancel your active resume subscription at any time. Subscriptions do not renew after the next billing date or upon the completion of your annual subscription.
· To Continue With Total Deletion of an Account
When you read any process in steps, it is always easy to grasp the information. So, to continue with the total deletion of an account, start following these steps.
- First, you must return to our home page.
- Tap on the settings > privacy settings > form.
- Follow the prompts to delete the account.
- Select or check the box for the deletion of your data.
- Enter your email associated with the indeed account.
- Next, select or check the appropriate box to know who makes the request.
- Then, wait for the confirmation email.
- Confirm and finalize the request.
- In the end, maintain a receipt of the request for records.
There are various reasons why you want to delete your presence at any account, but online canceling helps you a lot. In this article, you will surely find information about how I deleted my indeed account.
For any problem, you can communicate with Indeed’s help desk. Once you send an email, you can wait 1 or 2 business days to hear back from the customer service.
When your customer service contacts ask you for additional information or tell you that your request has been completed or processed.